Sunday, December 5, 2010

December & Craft Fairs

Ahhhh....'tis the season. I've been doing LOTS of craft shows lately. I did three shows in October, then the Prairie Patch at Gypsum on November 13th, followed by a two-day show on November 19th and 20th called Christmas in the Foothills held in the Domestic Arts Building at the Kansas State Fairgrounds. Another GREAT show! Then this past week end (Dec 4) I was at the Hutchinson Recreation Commission Christmas Fair at Memorial Hall.

There's just something about getting out and doing these things that draws me. I genuinely enjoy getting to meet to all the people. Because it's getting close to the end of the year, my inventory is way down, so I asked my friend Mark to supply me with some more of his wonderful goats' milk soaps for this last show. (I also had those at the Gypsum show.) Again...a very very successful show.

So now there's just one more before year end. Last year some friends and I decided to have a craft show at my home. Well...since then I've moved and downsized considerably. So when the subject came up this year, I was hesitant. But....we're doing it again. I agreed to and thought we'd have only four vendors (I had 11 vendors last year - and a much bigger house.) So as I talked to people (vendors) they're all the same place I am....low on inventory. So we've decided to have a lot of different vendors...all with smaller inventories!!! So far, I have thirteen people lined up to bring items for our show! Some will stay with them, some will just drop them off and we'll watch their items for them.

Some of the goodies we'll have available will be: plasma-cut metal artwork, goats' milk soaps, Iris-folded greeting cards, candles, Tastefully Simple food products, painted gourds, embroidery work, jellies and salsas, painted screen-art, sterling silver jewelry, beaded jewelry, purses, Christmas ornaments and more.....plus we'll be giving door prizes and having lots of treats to sample.

All this is on Saturday, December 11th, from 10 am til 4 pm. If you're in Hutchinson, drive out east 30th, watch for signs around the Health Equip area and follow the directions....or email me and I'll send you an address. Should be a fun time!!!!!!!

No comments: