Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inman Cream Puffs & Bicycle Miles



WOW!!!! Ok...my last post I told you that I thought Carol was secretly training me. Well, I'm pretty sure that's true. Mileage this week has been:


Tuesday, August 23 - 24.02 miles

Wednesday, August 24 - 26.08 miles

Thursday, August 25 - 38.02 miles


Today - Thursday - we rode to Inman, Kansas, a little town north of Hutchinson. Seemed like every road we took had been recently redone and was smooth as glass. Winds were almost non-existent and only one dog came out. He was a Border Collie that had either learned the hard way or was well-trained to stay off the asphalt. He ran the ditch and was waaaaay ahead of us. When he reached the end of his property line he just stopped and looked like, "Oh...I can't go there" and everything just shut down. He turned and walked back toward his home. No problem.







But here's why we rode to Inman. (Just click on that photo to make your mouth water!)










I'm ready to go again in two weeks when they make these again. DELICIOUS!!!!!!


Marilu, one of my Monday morning coffee buddies, and Carol's husband, Bill joined us at Inman. Bill on a motorcycle and Marilu in a van. I think a good time was had by all!!! :)


Wonderful ride...awesome morning!! 38 miles, home by 11:00 am, and still lickin' my chops over those cream puffs!!!


Count your blessings...they are SO plentiful!!!

No comments: