Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's My Birthday!

Yeah...it sure is! It's been a really great one too...and not just in number!!!

Last night the Homeowners' group went to the Anchor Inn..a local Mexican food place...it was delish!

This morning Carol, Mary and I biked out (the long way) to the Dutch Kitchen for breakfast... well, Mary had a cinnamon roll and I had 1/4 order (1 biscuit) biscuits and gravy and Carol just had coffee. I always have 1/2 order of biscuits and gravy...best around!! BUT I really didn't want to eat that much and then ride back in. I wound up with 32.52 miles...and it was windy here!

A few midday errands, and then this evening a couple of friends took me to dinner at the Anchor Inn. I love Mexican food so I was completely happy to go two nights in a row. Their pork tostado is excellent....as is their red beer! Yum!!!

I received some very nice gifts and a bunch of birthday cards and enjoyed each and every one. Hilarious stuff! You'd think these people think I'm getting OLD! Ha!

All in all, a great day. I feel extremely fortunate to be 67 years old and in pretty good health and capable of biking as much as I do. Life's good! Oh yeah...and I treated myself to a little birthday present too: I bought a new flat-screen 26" tv for my bedroom! So far it's still in the box...but I have it, at least.

Oh...and food...yeah...tomorrow is Thursday! If it's not toooooo windy Carol and I are going to go out and ride early tomorrow, and then four of us are going to DRIVE in my car up to Inman for cream puffs! I repeat: YUM!

No comments: