Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beautiful Weather!!!

What an absolutely gorgeous day!!!! Warm temps and almost no wind...WOW!!! Mary and I went out about 2:15 and rode 17 miles...ok, so not a lot, but consider this: I haven't ridden for at least two months! It was kind of like starting over again. By about mile 9 I was thinking, "This is going to be a problem tomorrow if we ride!" For those of you who may not be cyclists, I'm not talking leg muscles or back muscles. I'm talking "sitter" (to put it delicately!). But since I've been home, I've decided that if it's nice again tomorrow (and I think it's supposed to be) I'm going to get out and go again. I'm having lunch with another friend on Thursday, but Mary and I have already scheduled another ride for Thursday afternoon too.
As I was getting ready to go today, I pulled on a pair of riding shorts and noticed that they were pretty thin and worn out. I thought, "I've got some better than these..." I didn't. So Ebay tonight...and I should have another pair on the way soon. Amazing how quickly those things wear out!
But then, it was pretty amazing at how quickly I wore out today. I left here, rode through Kisiwa and down through the neighborhoods to meet Mary at 11th and the bike path...and at 30th and Monroe noticed my heart rate was 150. That's WAY too high; but, I'm WAY too out of shape! When I met Mary, we both decided that just a nice little jaunt down and around Carey Park would do very nicely. It was a beautiful ride. Miles go by much, much easier and quicker when you've got good company.
It feels like spring is on the way. I'm truly looking forward to it. I realize that winter could still easily hit us...but I'm hoping we'll just slide right through and keep all this beautiful weather....plus a little rain would be nice (preferably between 2 am and 5 am...with no tornados or high winds). (Hey, I figure if you're going to ask for something, get all you can!)

No comments: