Monday, August 9, 2010

Double News

First an update (a new email) from Carol, my friend who's riding around New York state this month. She writes:
Hi
Wanted to send a quick email from the public library. We're enjoying Lake Placid, NY, seeing the Olympic venues here. They continue to be used for practice, ski jumps into special water pools, ice skating great fun to watch. We took the ski lift and elevator to the top of the ski jump facility - amazing! Our trip is going great with short days and lots of sight seeing. Yesterday we did 15 miles. Tomorrow probably 45 or 50 into Port Henry on Lake Champlain.
We will soon head south along the Hudson River Valley back to NYC. We plan to be there August 25th. We so enjoyed camping on the Lake Champlain Islands - Grand Isle, North and South Hero Islands. So many bicyclists there and great day rides.
Hope all is well with each of you.
Keep in touch.

Love, Carol

I just think that is SOOO AWESOME!!!!! She's incredible!

And then, my big news...I bought a new house and sold my current house and it's all happening very fast. Basics: I found ad for new place online Thursday. I called realtor and we went to look Friday at 2pm. I made offer contingent on my house selling. Saturday morning he came over and we did the paperwork to sell my house. He put sign in yard at 10 am. Second realtor (also someone I've known a long time) showed house at noon. Got offer. At 2:30 pm my realtor came and added a "SOLD" to my sign. Four and a half hours..not bad, huh? I'm moving by September 3! More on the new place later...I'm delighted and really happy about it all.

If I don't blog for awhile, I'm just packing...or pitching stuff out...I'm even going to have a 4 hour moving/garage sale on September 21!!! (I'd do it September 28, but that's the Yoder Heritage Day and I've got a craft booth over there....like I have nothin' to do, huh?)

That's it for now...have to go clean out more STUFF!!!!! Count your blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it doesn't surprise me, your house is beautiful! good for you! - brenda