Sunday, August 1, 2010

I TOLD You So....

It was 10-11 days ago..back on July 20 when I first saw the mama deer and her triplets..and only had a cell phone for a camera. But today, Sunday, August 8...first lap of three...and there they were. This morning I only saw two babies and they were much less friendly than last time. Between the flash of my camera and I moved my feet once and my cleat on my shoe "clacked" on the asphalt, they didn't hang around long.

But long enough for me to get a couple of pictures of them.

Deer are "no big deal" around here...but I find it extremely pleasing to see babies right next to the bike path. Just a real treat!

I met my goal and completed July with over 310 bicycle miles...310.55 to be exact! My goal for August is 400 miles. I went back over past years (and I ridden for MANY years)..but in the past few years my miles have really diminished...and that needed to change. In 2007 I rode regularly and fairly good miles...more like what I'm doing now. But 2008 and 2009 were a flop! So...back at it and plan to continue........and I really love the new northeast bike trail...and they're talking about continuing it with "The Medical Mile" that will go down around the hospital and all the clinics. Hurrah!

Well...like the last picture...I'm high-tailing it out of here. Count your blessings!

(Double-click on pictures to see them better.)




Posted by Picasa

No comments: