Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stump Grinding


Remember back when this happened about a week before Christmas.












Well...yesterday this happened. Stump grinding. Man, the wood chips flew everywhere, but it only took about 25 minutes to get it GONE!!! The guy was super nice, cleaned up the mess pretty much entirely, then re-ground some spots he had missed. Very reasonable. He left me with about 20 of his business cards to pass around. He's got my vote!


And today, after the yard guys had been here and mowed, I dumped 80 pounds of topsoil and 1.5 cubic feet of MiracleGro garden soil in there and planted a bag of grass. Now it's water, water, water and hope it takes hold a little before next Wednesday so it doesn't get sucked up in a mower. I've cordoned it off, so hopefully that will help prevent it's demise.


(Just as a little side note of humor: last evening while at supper with the homeowners' group I mentioned that I'd had my stump ground today. One of the fellas said, "Well, I thought you seemed in a pretty good mood!!!" Hmmmmm.....whatever could he have meant?!?!!?)

No comments: