Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Outside Activities







For over a week now it's been too windy to bicycle ride (at least for ME to bicycle ride) so I've been trying to do a few things outdoors.


I still haven't given the inside of the fence a second coat of paint...but I did do the outside. And I spent several hours for each of three days digging out all the rock and dirt so that I could lay pavers in the entrance to my patio. I'm barefooted too much to deal with rocks! Still not perfect by a long ways, but suits me fine.

Also I have a LOT of flowers blooming and coming up. I not only have jonquils and hyacinths, but now red tulips and yellow tulips and lots and lots of sprouts that I'm pretty sure are hostas! I love hostas! And of course the knockout roses survived (darnit!) and even the coral bells are beginning to feel a little alive I think.


And the Bradford pear tree is almost done blooming and is getting green now. The lawn guys have mowed twice.... I do believe Spring is here!!!


Today the wind died down quite a bit, but I was kind of committed to other things so I didn't get out and get my bicycle ride. Maybe tomorrow..... or not....listening to the weather forecast. Oh well...we need rain.


Count your blessings!

1 comment:

marlu said...

The paving looks good....and you are so ambitious!
Don't the flowers make you feel good? When the jonquils bloomed over here, I thought it might eventually be spring.