Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Schiz's Antics

Another gorgeous day here in Kansas. Little windy...quite a little actually...but Carol, Mary and I rode to Nickerson for a soda/coffee. Got home with 27.19 miles...felt really good! Then this evening went to the Anchor Inn for a pork tostado and chips. I'm taking an antibiotic for my teeth (or lack thereof) so decided the big red beer I'd been dreaming of all day probably wasn't the best idea. The food was excellent....but a red beer sure would've improved it!


I have to tell you about Schiz's latest antic. The people across the street from me were getting some new windows. The fellows came and worked for a while, but then left their trailer parked there. After I got home from my ride yesterday, I was hooking up the water sprinklers to water my flower beds and Schiz was outside with me. She went to the end of the double driveway and paced back and forth, curling her head and body, and growling. Occasionally she'd let out one little bark. She simply could not understand why this fellow wouldn't come over and see her...and she's not allowed to go in the street and she knows it! There was no one there...and I could see she was clearly looking at the trailer. DUH!


However, in her defense,this a.m. the trailer was still there and she stopped, looked, and

walked out into the yard to "take care of business"... no big deal.


Count your blessings!!!




1 comment:

marlu said...

One Smart Dog! The guy ignores her so she pays him back by ignoring him.
So glad you guys are able to ride
at this time of year!