Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Wintry Day....NOT !!!!

Here it is January 22...usually cold and wintry in Kansas. Here's a picture I took today...looks cold and wintry (other than lack of ANY kind of moisture!) And the temperature is about 56 degrees! Wind was major this morning, but it's pretty much still now.









But...I was bored...so I wasted fossil fuels and went for a ride. I found this beautiful tree... truly pretty...even without much sunlight. Maybe if you'll click on it you can see how pretty it is.



I'm fighting being angry with the world. Why? I'm angry because I can't make someone close to me well. I'm angry because I can't make several people close to me quit smoking. I'm angry because I can't make people use "bcc" to hide everyone's email addresses..and to delete them when forwarding any email. And I'm angry because of an ignorant racial slur that makes my blood boil...and I responded. I've been trying to make that thought "Sometimes it's better to be kind than to be right" work for me...but a neighbor who has recently had major surgery (and is doing great) sent me an email with an EXTREME racial slur...and it was also political. I decided in this case it's better to be right!!! So I told her what I thought of it. Haven't heard back from her and I'm really REALLY ok with that!!! Just wonder if I'll need to move again :).... oh well....


Life is good. I have tons of blessings to count. But it's winter...blah....... But count your blessings and thank God for the good things in life: A couple of cousins who are both healing from recent surgeries, tremendous friends (we've actually named our wrinkles after each other..because we decided they're laugh wrinkles and we laugh a lot!), and overall, life is good!!!




1 comment:

marlu said...

I have been sad AND angry at all the hateful remarks brought out in the "debates." I should just not watch them but can't seem to help myself.

So many misstatements and slurs....