Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tornado Weather!!!!

Wow!!! Quite a day! I had a craft show until 2 p.m. today and was rather concerned as the weather gurus were warning of severe storms all across the Midwest today. When I left the church where the craft sale was held, I commented on how "us Kansans can feel tornado weather." There's just something you sense after you've been around them a few (hundred) times. It's too warm, too humid, too everything. Smells funny even.

I actually got home just a few minutes after 2:00, flipped on the tv, and have been glued to it ever since. Tornadoes everywhere! The reporters were jumping from one cell to another all day and evening. It's now 1:10 a.m. and it's just beginning to slow down. Hutchinson is currently getting rain (much needed rain) and it appears this is part of a line of "the last" of the storms.

Hutchinson seems to have been spared much damage ... actually none in my part of town (I think)...but a lot of damage everywhere else. A few minutes ago they reported that estimated damage in Wichita will exceed 283 million...and that will change with daylight. Lyons, Raymond, Salina, Marquette, and on and on...all had damage. So far I haven't heard of any deaths and very few injuries. Again, that may all change with daylight.

Bedtime...I can sleep with rain....count your blessings and stay safe.

1 comment:

marlu said...

Our rain gauge has less than one half inch of rain showing!
We were spared but I was watching the progress - same as you - from 2:00 P.M.on.

The dogs are not afraid of thunder. They just think it's someone trying to steal the house and one barks and the other just follows him and listens.