Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family Reunion / Cousins' Reunion

Last Wednesday - July 1 - was the first ever Family Reunion / Cousins' Reunion. With an already "full plate" I chose not to attend. And I'M SORRY!!!!!

Today I received these photos from my cousin, Shon. Now I just gotta tell ya...had I known I was going to have so much fun I would've made a bigger effort to get there. I must have had a lot of fun!!!!

First picture says I'm in line for lunch. The one directly under it say's I'm sitting in the shade, and the third one down is my cousin "Jimmy Dale" and me. Top right Terri (a cousin I hardly know) and I have become pretty well acquainted evidently and are sharing a beer!!! Below that I'm right where I always like to be...with a big group of guys... but alas... they're all related. First one...what a cutie!!!!!....that's my cousin Jeanne's grandson (and he looks SOOOOOO much like his aunt, Jeanne's sister Sue..it's incredible!); then Steve (who I used to hide in the closet whenever they came over because I had such a huge crush on Stevie!!); then cousin Jimmie Dale; then Jeanne's son; and John, Jeanne's husband. (And notice I've squeezed in there between Jeanne's son and John!!) Then the last shot is Steve "slippin' me the tongue"!!!!!

I notice that I seem "a little stiff". I also noticed that I'm considerably younger and CONSIDERABLY thinner than I look in the mirror!!! (Probably the fresh air and alcohol!)

Anyway.... I hear it was fantastic and I'm now really sorry that I missed out on all the fun. It would have meant about 5 or 6 hours of driving but I really regret missing out on all the fun now! I sure hope they'll plan to continue this and make it a tradition. Our family has never really gotten together (last time I remember was probably 40 years ago) except for funerals. Time to change that. A huge thanks to Shon and Becky and Richard and his wife for all they did....and please don't be burned out...'CAUSE I WANNA BE THERE NEXT YEAR!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: