Thursday, August 6, 2009

Referencing Patsy's Blog

Wow....Patsy has really "hit the nail on the head" this morning. Each morning I read several different blogs...just to see what's up in their worlds. Patsy is always insightful and interesting! This morning she opened my eyes a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to take part of her words and incorporate them into my life. I talk too much. Everyone who knows me, knows that! It's not a little too much...it's a LOT too much. But here's just a short excerpt from Patsy's blog today that I felt I related to very much:

I've always wanted people to know who I am, so they can make an informed decision about if I'm the sort of person the want in their lives. And I've always wanted that sort of "bare bones," just tell me who you are, in return. Perhaps the finesse of a relationship is to spend more time in discovery.
It's exceedingly rare that anyone really wants to know how you feel at your core level about anything. I've always thought to be in relationship with anyone on any significant level you have to be totally honest and part of that was to express yourself with the passion you felt for anything. Is it honest to explain yourself with a level of intensity less than what you really feel?

I guess it boils down to if the message is heard at all. And that brings us back full circle to listening. The light dawns slowly for me sometimes.

Enough said? I hope I can use those words, those thoughts to help me become a better person....and just SHUT UP!!!!!

1 comment:

Patsy Terrell said...

You're so kind... I'm still working on those concepts myself.