Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Skinny Alpine


Here's a photo of my "skinny alpine"...a pre-lit tree that I bought at Hobby Lobby last year shortly after Christmas. It was an $80 tree...and I haunted their store/parking lot until the price was right..$12. I just love it. My friend Patsy, the uber-Yule Christmas maven (Greg's term - wish I could take credit) has one just like it in her kitchen with cute little kitchen ornaments all over it. It's 7' tall, but everyone refers to it as my "little tree".

The little snowman/Santa face is one of two that my friend Pat gave me. It's really cute. Both of the photos were taken after 9pm...so they really aren't very good shots...but...."when the spirit moves ya", you know! (If you click on them, it might improve them for you a little.)

I'm looking forward to the New Year with great anticipation....I HAVE to get in better shape!!! I've made truffles a couple of times this Christmas season, and today I made peanut-butter balls (replaced 1/2 stick of margerine with 1/3 package of cream cheese.....yummy....great improvement!).... and I'm eating like it's my last meal. Believe me, that tree is the only thing that's "skinny" around here.

Well, enough....just wanted to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year!!! And, please...don't forget the reason for the season!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: