Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday - Dec 13 -

Many of you will probably remember that Schiz (the dog that owns me) came from a really bad place. I didn't get her until she was 5 1/2 months old. At that time she'd never been on grass and didn't know how to be held. (Among a multitude of other atrocities!) She'd stiffen out and was just scared to death. She's now 5 1/2 YEARS old, has been thoroughly "socialized" (some might perhaps say too much!!), and is a pretty relaxed, easy-going little girl.

Yesterday we had four ladies stop by and Schiz had her "ain't I the cutest thing ya ever saw" routine going full speed. When they came in the front door, she was on her hind legs, standing and waving both front paws in the air. One of the ladies was clearly a "dog person" and she was on the floor with her and pretty soon Schiz was doing "hot laps" up and down the hallway...sliding into the computer room where we were all at. She won all their hearts I think!!!

Usually she's not an over-affectionate dog. My previous Shih tzu was...Odjida was a lover! Schiz is affectionate first thing in the morning. She'll maybe give you a kiss even. She not really a "kissing" dog. She seems to pride herself on being very independent. Often she'll stay in one room while I'm in another...for several hours even.

This evening I was ironing and she was sleeping in the doorway. I had a sweatshirt vest over my t-shirt (ok..it's a rag of a sweatshirt with the sleeves cut out), and I got too warm, so I pulled it off and threw it on the floor. These photos are merely my proof that the dog DOES TOO like me!!!! She had to get up and move to get on the sweatshirt. She's zonked! In fact, while I've come into another room, she's still asleep in the ironing room...on my sweatshirt! Sorry...I think she's really a sweetie!!!

Also this evening my son supplied me with this website...forewarned, you'll be sorry you ever looked!!!! Go ahead and get your pen and paper ready to start making a grocery list right now...then go look. If you can get through this page, you can scroll to the bottom and find page after page after page of goodies. I haven't managed to get through them all yet...but I'm sure I will!!! Good luck...here's the link:
http://foodgawker.com/popular/gawked/


Well, that's it for this evening. Remember to count your blessings...and remember, sometimes they're disguised and you have to find the meaning.

PS...I'm back...just went and looked at more of the Foodgawker site...there's some wonderful stuff there...there's also some really weird stuff...like the cows' lips and the duck embryo cooked in the eggshell....YUCK!!!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schiz looks comfy! I am trying to learn how to leave a comment!