Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 is Here!

The New Year is UPON us - 2010 !!!!! Time to shape up!!!!


Vision without a plan is merely an hallucination!


I heard that earlier today when I was downstairs riding the trainer. I love it.. And HOW TRUE!!!!!!


The first photo here is my road bike...the one I usually ride. I love it. It's now about nine years old and I have no intentions of replacing it. I've had people tell me you don't put a handlebar bag on this particular type/style of bicycle, but I bought it to enjoy, not to race!!! (And I know...some people ENJOY racing. I don't. I enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and little flowers at the edge of the road and a good cow-barn smell!!! And most of all I enjoy the companionship of my fellow riders!)


This second picture is of my older Trek on the trainer set up downstairs. I actually have ridden it almost every day since the day after Christmas. I've missed three days! I'm doing it to keep my knees moving more than anything. I only do 30 minutes, but I still manage to work up a good sweat every time! Riding this trainer probably ranks second to walking on a treadmill. Even with a tv going, etc...it's incredibly boring!!! Not as boring as walking on a treadmill, but still pretty darned boring.


This third photo is of one of my son's bicycles, and his rollers. I used to ride rollers years ago. For me, rollers indicate a death wish. On the trainer that my bike is on, only the back wheel moves and everything else is stationary. On rollers, everything moves. And if the rider slips too far to the left or right, he's off and usually into a wall. T'aint funny!!! Very serious riding. Also far more energy is spent..which is good. I won't even try them anymore.

Easiest way to get started on rollers is to set them up in a doorway and brace your shoulder against the frame of the door. That way until you're sure of your balance you can kind of support yourself. Like I said, death wish. Pure suicide.

So...I've got the riding part and a little jazzercise going pretty good....but about the diet part....hasn't changed much. Still consume far too much sugar and sweets and gooey stuff...not nearly enough "greenery" (unless gummy bears and M&M's count!!!??). Soon I'll start trying to do better there too.......she said.

Weather is awful. It's cold. But as I always say "Count your blessings!!!" Hutchinson seems to be one of few places that doesn't have snow...or at least much snow. We have "dustings" from time to time, but virtually no accumulation. Count your blessings!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count your blessings is right! Iowa has been in a deep freeze this winter with snow, ice, and frigid temps. By the way, thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. I'm going to try writing each week from now on. I didn't realize anyone was reading ... until I started getting emails from readers asking where I went. I've posted a few entries since the new year. Drop by the farm now, ya hear? Ever consider becoming a follower?