Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Snowy Day - A Funny Story

It has snowed here...I've heard any where from 1 1/2 inches to 8 inches. Truly it's just a "light to medium" snow. Not bad. Streets are pretty much cleared off. My son shoveled my driveway a couple of times and it's about melted clear now. Temperature isn't too bad...all in all kind of a pretty snow.

However.....that means I'm bored. My horoscope for today(and NO, I don't believe in them, but for fun I DO read them) says: Take care of personal business today. Stay out of group discussions that lead nowhere. You have excess energy to apply as you run errands. Take the bike!

'Scuze me???? I'm not especially feeling any "excess energy" and if I go run any errands (and I don't plan to!!) I sure won't be taking the bike!!!! I have on occassion been considered a "serious rider"....but I'm not THAT serious!!!!

I had lunch with a friend the other day and she related a funny story to me. It seems a group of her friends have dinner (here in Kansas, that's "supper") together once a week. Well, this particular evening she was expecting a phone call from her son, and sure enough, shortly after arriving at the restaurant, he called. It was noisy, so she excused herself and went into the ladies' room. She said she tends to pace when talking on the phone and she kept hearing a little "hum"...."hum"....."hum"..... but didn't think much of it..figured it was an automatic air freshener or something. But after a few minutes she turned to see that she'd been pacing in front of the paper towel dispenser...the one with a sensor to roll out a towel...and the towels were down to the floor!!!!!

I saw humor and laughed!!!! Someone else I related this story too didn't...his response was, "Did she clean it up?" Hmmmmm.... I didn't ask.

With that....have a bright day...don't forget to count your blessings...

No comments: