Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting settled....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several of you have asked if I'm all moved and settled. Ha Ha Ha!!!! Not even close!

I closed on Friday, Sept 3 and moved that same day. All my stuff is located at the same address. That's about as close as it gets.

On Saturday, Sept 4 I was in the garage, picked up a dining room chair (light-weight) from my left side, lifted it over a tote, and sat it down on my right side, with a GASP! I truly looked upward and said aloud, "OK, OK...I got the message!" But then I brought all 4 chairs into the house. Then the coffee table...at which point I received a second message! Since then I've been to the chiropractor three times! Still hurting, but I truly believe I'm getting better. But no painting, no ladder climbing, not much bending over to pull weeds from the flower beds, etc. I can still iron a little at a time and can still do a few things, but not my "normal". I hate this. Getting old IS hell!!!

I told my doctor yesterday that I was going to try for a bicycle ride this a.m. and he was in complete agreement...but this a.m. it's drizzly here. Maybe later. Plus this is state fair week so the traffic is moronic! (Well...only TO the bike path...the cars don't drive on the bike path...well...they aren't SUPPOSED to anyway!)

Speaking of bicycling...my goal for August was 400 miles. On August 31 I had several early-mid-morning appointments and went out early to get my miles. Rode through an area that I KNEW they had mowed the day before and sure enough, I had a flat. I can change a flat in about 5 minutes (literally) at home, and usually about 15 on the road...but I simply didn't have time nor inclination, so I called my son and he came and picked me up. I wound up with 390 miles for August...short of my goal by 10 miles...but I was still happy about it. However, since then, I haven't ridden..not once...too busy...gotta get back to it! I had lost about 14 pounds and was pretty happy about that. i got weighed this a.m. and the 14 pounds are still gone but they won't stay gone if I don't get busy soon.

Ok...back to the move....the woman (aka "pig" & "skank") that lived here wasn't much of a housekeeper...fresh paint and new carpet show well. But move in to filthy ceiling fans, EVERY ceiling light with 4 bulbs has at least 2, usually 3 different kinds of bulbs. The two spotlights over the fireplace: one orange, one blue. Lots of weeds in the uncared for flower beds. I think (and my son agrees) the new carpet had probably NEVER had a sweeper ran over it...canister filled up rapidly!

So, today I'm going to try to rearrange the living room a little. I may have to wait for J to help with the sofa, but I need to get a chair by a window. Schiz has no window view from which she can see the street...and she's needing a chair to sleep on/watch for company from/etc. Heck of a reason to arrange a room a certain way, huh?

I want to do some faux treatments here and there...not sure where/what yet, but somewhere down the road it'll happen. Not this week, I'm sure. Also my bedroom desparately needs painting. Everything was fresh paint...but my bedroom is a color I don't like AT ALL!!! Fresh paint, yes; color, NO!

I've met several of my neighbors and really think I'm going to like the area. Every Tuesday evening they all go out to eat together. I haven't gone yet. Considered it yesterday, but went to chiropractor yesterday and only craved ice and loafing last night. Maybe next week. Most of them are about in my age range, i think. Neat little group. There's one triplex and 6 duplexes in this townhouse association.

I don't know how many couples/singles yet. I do know the man right next door to me is single. He just celebrated his 96th birthday!!! He walks every day - at a pretty good pace! He's a pretty small man and wears hiking boots. Makes me think of those dolls with the really big feet. He's a cutie! He has a couple of terriers...may be Jack Russells...but I've never ever heard them even once...and that's GOOD!

The couple in Unit C (I'm in Unit A) have a Shih tzu, male, about a year old. First time Schiz saw him she was all set to play. About a minute, she quit. Don't know why. She looks at him and he'll sniff her and get in her face. She just stands there...no friendliness, no agressiveness, no growl, no NOTHING!!!! Just...hmmmmmmm. Maybe they'll become friends later.

Well..if I'm going to get stuff done I need to get started...so I better get after it. Remember to count your blessings. I do count mine...even if I'm griping about a bunch of other stuff. Yeah, my back makes me tired...but hey, I GOT a back and it'll be ok soon. Have a great day!

No comments: