Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well, the weekend has passed and everything is moving on.

Saturday was Pat's funeral...it was a difficult time. It was a huge funeral and the procession line must have been 3 to 4 miles long. After the cemetary services, I spoke with her husband for a few minutes, then I headed on up to Lyons.

I didn't get to Lyons until nearly 1pm and thought I wouldn't set up, but while walking partway around the square I ran into some friends who questioned, "where are you?" I told them I have a booth but didn't think I'd even set up. Well, they convinced me to give it a shot. So I did. I was there about an hour and 10 minutes when it began to rain. Completely unexpected ... and totally needed! I tossed everything in cases and "hit the road." I'd had a fairly successful show and didn't want to get everything wet!

After a quick stop at the convenience store (for necessities: bathroom, cheese curls, and a candy bar) I headed back to Hutch. And it POURED on me!!! About Nickerson it kind of let up and I thought I'd be fine...just a normal light to medium rain. About 43rd and Plum it opened up again and by 30th and Plum I was doing 20mph and just guessing where the street might be. It was a toad-strangler! Someone said we had about an inch of rain...in about 15 minutes! I pulled in my driveway, sat there a minute, then pulled on into the garage. My car was ultra-clean...so I got out my chamois and started wipin' her down! Looked great! God's car wash!

Yesterday I went for a little bicycle ride (15.55 miles) and stopped by my friend's house to see how he's doing. He's just kind of in a fog - not sure what to do next - or why. Wish there was a miracle, fast cure for this.

Last night the townhouse group went out for dinner again. Dutch Kitchen. I promised myself I wasn't going to have a whole big meal because then I'm just miserable afterwards. So I had sweet potato fries. It was absolutely embarrassing!!! There was a HUGE tray of fries brought to me. I passed them around and still had way too many to finish. And they were delicious. They were served with ranch dressing...and I tried them both plain and with dressing. Much better just plain: I LIKE sweet potatoes and I could really taste them!

Well, that's all for now. Hope your week is going well. Don't forget to count your blessings! Even when you feel down and out, there's always something good. Walk in someone else's shoes for a few hours and you'll appreciate your own!

No comments: