Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowin' and Blowin'

It's snowy. It's cold. Probably I should forewarn you...this is a rant!

The tv stations are all reporting that Hutchinson has had 19" of snow. It's lovely. Temperature is currently -1. It's lovely. Supposed to get down to -5 tonight...actual, not wind chill. It's lovely.

The guys came to clear driveways and sidewalks. Got everyone's done except 1/2 of mine...and their 4-wheeler broke down. They still had shovels but evidently they don't use those...so half my drive way is still covered with snow...and by the attitude they copped when I asked about it, I'm assuming they won't be coming back to clear it. (They should hope that I'm never in the position of being the person that writes their check...my pen would probably break or something.) Maybe I'll clear it tomorrow afternoon when the temperature gets up a little...no biggie! It's lovely!

Newspaper didn't get thrown until about 10 am this morning....clear out by the street on top the snow...so I decided (at that point the snow removers hadn't been here yet) to go shovel the front walk so I could get my paper. As I did I thought I could smell natural gas. After I came back in I called the gas company and they sent a guy out...very pleasant individual. Nope, no gas leak here...he'd check around though. Pretty soon he came back up to the door and said he'd found the problem. My neighbor's gas meter just east of me was "bubbling". He corrected the problem and said they'd contact her to come back out and turn her furnace, etc. back on. Nosy neighbors are STILL the best insurance policy!

Seems like everytime I sit down, I fall asleep...can't be because I'm sleepy because like I said, every time I sit down, I fall asleep. I'm bored!!!!

Today I've made some Zatarain's Jamalaya with cheese (started out to be chili and realized I had only kidney beans or green beans, found the Zatarain's and decided that would be good..and it was.) Also made a pan of brownies. Finished off the last of the cherry bordeaux ice cream...and had some raisins. Finished off some crackers with the Zatarain's. Think all this may explain why I'm sleepy too! Oh, yeah...in my "food" paragraph...and tonight on tv they're telling that Diet Coke is bad for me. Something like 58% more apt to have a heart attack or stroke. Guess I'll have to look into that clear stuff...what's it called??? Water, I think. They'll probably figure out something wrong with it before long.

I don't think I like winter any more. Yeah....I know...it's SOOOOO pretty!!!! It's lovely! I hate it...it's cold and confining and stifling! Well...I feel better. Think I'll quit now and maybe...oh, I don't know..maybe I'll go to bed. I can surely use a good night's rest!!! Tomorrow's another day...and temperatures are supposed to be better every day for the next 5 or 6....up to 52 on Sunday I hear.

Count your blessings...even in the snow there's way worse things than the life I have and I know that. Life is good. Good night.

1 comment:

4RRanch said...

sounds like your weather is worse than ours. Maybe spring will come soon. Thanks for the encouragement on my blog. I wonder sometimes if it's worth it, but I like how it is like a diary with pictures. I think it also helps my family understand better what we do and to keep up with our children.