Thursday, March 31, 2011

As I Remember It.....

Well...blogger has decided there's no such thing as paragraphs....so that's why these are all ran together. I tried to separate with dots and spaces...didn't work well...here ya go!! These might not be perfectly verbatim correct....but they're as I remember them. Several commercials just crack me up. Here's three of my favorites: ..... The first one was a Pic-Quik commerical. Picture a man waiting for his daughter. She comes trotting down the stairs in this horrible "get-up" and he says "No way..." and she goes back upstairs. Next she comes down in another clown suit get up and he says "You're kiddin', right?...." and she tromps back upstairs. Meanwhile the commercial is telling how if you don't have the time to spare in the mornings you can get one of their breakfast sandwiches. Third time...the daughter comes down the stairs in a fairly normal looking outfit. The dad says, "Now that's more like it!" The daughter gives the typical teenager "eat sh-- and die" look and says, "Awesome...." and heads for the door. As she passes her father you can see the seat of her pants and it says "Hot Stuff" (or something like that)...and the father says, "OH, HOLD IT!!!!!!" ..... Then more recently I heard this one of the radio...again I think it was for Pic-Quik. They're again selling sandwiches...how the guy doesn't have time to wait for someone to make a sandwich because he needs to get home on his lunch hour to let his dog, Tina out. If he doesn't get there, Tina gets testy and does "bad things".....and the commercial goes on. Finally they say that he doesn't want Tina to do bad things. Tina is part Mastiff, part Great Dane, and part Kodiak...and she's already the size of a caribou!!! ..... And then just last night I heard a commercial on tv for an upcoming "Alaskan Highway Patrol" or something like that. They have this VERY scruffy looking guy standing beside his car. He has on a floppy hillbilly hat, long grey hair and long beard. Clearly he's DRUNK!!!!! The officer says to him, very politely, "Count backwards from 69...can you do that for me?" And the drunks slurs out, "Like WHO could???" ..... My life is simple...I enjoy the little things.. Hope you enjoyed these. I know Pic-Quik isn't everywhere so not everyone gets to view or hear these. Thought you might enjoy them. ..... Well...the sun is shining....the streets are dry...and temperature is good...time to go outside and do something. Count your blessings!!!! I do!

No comments: