Thursday, June 23, 2011

On a Cool Morning in June

Just look what a "mere woman" can accomplish on a cool morning in June. Got up this a.m. and decided to build a wall. Had to dig out all the old grass (the biggest part of the job) and clean the dirt really good. Then leveled it, laid the first course of bricks (they say if you get the first course right the rest will be ok), and "got 'er done!"






















That's 440 lbs. of brick, 200 lbs. of river rock, a pot with fountain grass that was rolled from the patio and lifted onto the rocks....that's 1 woman...one 66-year old woman!!! I'm proud...also dirty, stinky, sweaty, tired, and tattered.


















"Tattered?" you ask.... well...in the process carrying one of the 50 lb bags of river rock I punctured my forearm. Then when moving a little bench into my front garden spot I caught my right knee on one the those roses that I don't like (and they don't like me either!) Later, when putting a pot of springerai fern and a pot of red sweet potato vine on the bench the same rose bush caught my left knee. You guessed it!!! It's not there anymore! Don't mess with me...I'll get rid of ya! Actually I just trimmed it back....severely....and angrily.

So...anyway...I'm delighted with my new awning and my little wall. Wonder what's next?

(BTW...I also did a load of laundry, ran the dishwasher, fed the dog, and swept out the garage!!!

Not like I had to take the laundry down to the river or anything...but still...I got 'er done!!!) AND talked to two people on the telephone!!!

No comments: