Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update on the Awning




The awning is done...as of about 10 am today!!! I think it's great! Shades the door and by afternoon it also shades the living room window. (Click on the photos to get a better view.)















Saturday Betty and I went to Menard's in Wichita and I got the retaining wall bricks that I need to make a little wall. ($2.88 everywhere in Hutch, $1.18 at Menard's...and then they had some on sale for $.97 each!!!) My little Honda Fit looked like a lo-rider and I probably shouldn't have hauled so many, but it made it and the bricks are now in my garage. Some morning when it's cooler I'm going to start my project....a short wall (probably 4 rows high) from the post on your right to over under the window. Then I have a big pot with a purple fountain grass to sit in the arc on rocks.



Anxious to get it done!!!



Count your blessings!!! I do.

1 comment:

Cedrick Finly said...

Hehe, what a great start to the day! Congrats on the finished awning and the house is looking quite wonderful. Well, good luck with those bricks and your project then!