Monday, September 5, 2011

Cooler Weather and Great Rides

It's been a great week...especially the past couple of days...for bicycling. This morning I even wore a lightweight jacket for the first 14 miles!

Last I posted mileage was August 25..the day we rode to Inman for cream puffs...38.02 miles.

The next day was Friday and we were going to ride a shorter ride...yeah....felt great and wound up with 34.53 miles.

Saturday I was at Yoder Heritage Craft Show so didn't ride and begged off for Sunday as well. Monday is our "coffee morning" so we don't usually ride. Tuesday 26.34 miles, Wednesday 12.54 miles and a visit to the chiropractor (old knee problem that actually is relieved by riding)...but that was followed with instructions from Dr. to NOT ride on Thursday. Friday knee felt great and we did 29.10. Saturday was 26.66 miles and Sunday was WINDY so we didn't go. Today was GORGEOUS and we rode to Nickerson for coffee...27.25 miles.

On the way back Carol mentioned that she's been thinking about a mileage goal. My instant response was something like "oh..sh--...." I knew where it was going. 30 days in September...gotta be 1,000 miles! Sure enough...1,000 miles!!!! I'm going to try and do it...however, even if I ride her miles I think I'll be short as I've had a couple of days off and need at least one more for a Sept 24 craft show... And, every day is hard to do! Not that we EVER get rain, but it could happen! The Kansas State Fair starts next Friday and I don't think we've ever got through those 10 days without a good downpour, blowing storm! So...I'm thinking more in the 800 miles range for my goal....and that's still pretty ambitious for a fat girl...ok, fat old woman.

I've been trying to lose weight. If you can believe the scales (and I don't) I've lost 10 pounds. Carol said today, "Well, if you ride those thousand miles with me, you'll lose it!!!"

She's fun to ride with and an exceptionally "safe & sane" rider. She gets it! (I bring this up because someone I know rode with us for a mile or so the other day and was left of center most of the time, weaving and bobbing, uphill and down. Loose cannon! No thanks!)

Other than riding, not much news here. I've been helping another friend some as she's in the middle of moving to a new place. This is the gal with over 3,500 KU items! Yeah...over 3,500!!! That's a lot, believe me. She's going to try to sell a bunch before she moves and says she's downsizing. I brought home nine items to list on either Ebay or Craig's List, but haven't done it yet. (Have to get boxes so I'll know what my postage will be.)

Time to go get busy on something else. Stay busy, stay healthy, stay happy...and don't forget to count your blessings.