Friday, September 23, 2011

So What Do YOU See?

Bicycle riding is alive and well around Hutchinson! Since September 5 I've ridden 383.6 miles...that includes one full week with no rides at all! We're riding between 25 and 30 miles almost every day...and OF COURSE, every other Thursday it's a 38 miler for cream puffs! So far my September total miles are 441.36. I'm pretty proud of that! It's been several years since I've ridden those kind of miles regularly.


I feel like I'm getting stronger and better each day (not that I've been sick or anything...just better as in "fitter".)


There have been some questions about my eye sight however. So...what do YOU see?





Double click for a bigger, closer view.


We were riding along and I looked to the south and saw this. We've ridden this road a lot of times over the years, and because I didn't remember there being railroad tracks crossing this particular road, I said, "Well...where's that train from?"


Carol looked, then looked at me, like "Are you all right?" Finally she said, "I think that's hay bales."


Well....it sure LOOKED like a train!!!!


Wouldn't have been so bad except that a couple of days later I was driving south in downtown Hutch and saw a man walking south down the east side of Main Street with a rifle over his shoulder. I was startled! I was talking to Mary on the phone and telling her all about it...how unusual this is....luckily I didn't call 911 or anything. After the light changed and I continued on past him, I could see it wasn't a rifle...it was a closed umbrella. BUT...in my defense, he was carrying it like a hunter or soldier would carry a rifle!!!


'Course, that doesn't explain the stiff-legged, bloated deer at the side of the road on another bike ride...yeah....sticks and brush. BUT ...my riding companions could see it too!


In answer to your unasked question...October 24th I think..1 p.m. Dr. B--- Thinking about getting the Transitions kind. Had those many years ago and didn't like them at all...but I hear they've greatly improved.


Tomorrow's a big day....Lyons Fair on the Square...craft show. Looking forward to it. My friend Pat will be going with me and we'll share a booth. Hopefully we'll both come home RICH!!! With money. We're both already very rich with friends and good fortune. Be sure to count your blessings!

No comments: