Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh Deer Me!!!

Cold morning...well, too cold to ride early, so Carol, Mary, and I took off about 11:30. We headed south on Yoder Road. Temperature was about 42 degrees and the wind was "more than brisk." (Not the term I described it with earlier, but that's probably better left un-described.) It was WINDY!!! We were pedaling as hard as we could just trying to keep in forward motion. Quite a bit of traffic on Yoder Road. When all of a sudden...now mind you it's probably the noon hour...all of a sudden a deer ran right across in front of everyone. It was close...too close. Car drivers were startled, we were startled...heck, even the deer was startled. Plus when he cleared the road and ditch, he tripped over an electric fence. I saw his hind foot bounce on the fence, and I swear I saw it spark. Don't know if that's even possible, but I think that's what I saw. He kept right on moving at a rapid pace for a long way across the field. 'Tis the season, and I guess he had something more important on his mind (maybe he's like most guys and was thinking with his "other" brain??)

Twenty-seven miles today...another great ride. Beautiful day except for the wind (reported at 15-20 mph with gusts.) It was cool but not totally uncomfortable.

Count your blessings! Truly, count your blessings! I do, and they're numerous.

No comments: