Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jonquils & Hyacinths

I took a couple of friends to Wichita this morning to catch a flight to Washington state and thought I'd drop by Menard's and pick up some mulch. It snowed/rained/sleeted/iced in Wichita last night (Hutchinson [about 50 miles northeast of Wichita] had a LITTLE sleet...no rain, no real moisture, OF COURSE)...and while everything was already clean and clear and melted dry by the time we got over there, I chose not to buy mulch today. Wet, icy bags....nah...not today. So the mulch still looks horrid...but I do have a few flowers...and signs of lots more in the coming days/weeks.



Sure looking forward to Spring....but curious/worried about Summer. We had virtually no winter. The other day I heard one weatherman say, "Puxatawny Phil said six more weeks of winter..." and the other reporter said, "We haven't had six weeks YET!" However, I do remember a few posts back that we had a HUGE snowstorm - 18" of snow - on March 29, 2009. It can happen!!!


Barring that, I'll keep hoping for a summer that's as mild as what our winter has been. Last summer was HOT!!!!



Count your blessings....say your prayers...and plant spring lovelies!


1 comment:

marlu said...

Your flowers look so alert! Ours are just bent over and look so tired!