Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life in the Real World

Last Tuesday I went to Joplin again to spend a few days with my sister after her second chemo treatment on Monday. I was there until Friday. (Ok...just typed a bunch and then deleted it. The world doesn't need to know all that!) Bottom line: If I ever need to be jailed or wind up going to hell, just put me in Missouri! 'Nuff said?

It rained from about 30 miles from home until I returned home on Friday and got just south of El Dorado, Ks. (About an hour and fifteen minutes out.) (And that may well have been the BEST of it!)

Since then it's been gorgeous here!!! Yesterday Mary, Carol and I rode 28.28 miles and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I needed both the physical exercise and the emotional/mental release. Good GOOD friends...they're wonderful!

This a.m. Carol and I rode to Nickerson to meet her husband who came over on a motorcycle for breakfast. It made us coming back into the wind (usually one rides INTO the wind and then gets a "free ride" home), but the wind is pretty mild today and we had a great ride. Another 27.49 miles for me!

Everything is blooming and spring is so beautiful and colorful!! Red bud trees, Bradford pear trees, crabapple trees, jonquils, daffodils, tulips...even peoples' clothing is more colorful. I love Spring!!!

With that....count your blessings. They're plentiful when you just get to thinking about it!!! :) Count down: Only four more weeks til a wonderful event!!!! :) :) :) :) :) ;)

No comments: