Monday, June 4, 2012

Rides and Not So Good News

Well.....to start with, Carol and I rode Saturday morning: 28.5 miles.
And we rode Sunday: 25.12 miles.   Both absolutely beautiful rides!!!!

And after coffee this morning, Carol and Mary and I were supposed to ride...BUT...about 8:15 Mary's husband called me and told me that she's in the hospital.  After supper last evening she got really bad stomach pains and they wound up going to the emergency room.  (To start with you need to know these are people who don't know pain....i.e., Mary crashed her bicycle...road rash, etc....Wes had her get back on and they rode about 40 miles so she wouldn't get stiff!!!)  Anyway, he said they thought maybe she had a blockage or something and kept her overnight.  I told him that I'd let the other gals know and I'd be up to the hospital right after coffee.  While we were at coffee (about 9:15 or so) he called again and said probably not a good time to go see her as she has a tube down her throat and they were prepping her for surgery: emergency appendectomy!  Holy Cow!!!  Mary.....Mary who NEVER is sick...who NEVER complains about hurting anywhere!!!!  Holy Cow!!!!  I haven't heard any news since.  I'll be checking in on her later.

I've made several phone calls to let everyone know what's going on and they all say about the same thing:  Mary?  She's NEVER sick...Mary????    Yeah, Mary!

The upside is that's she's in incredible shape...muscle tone, lungs, heart, etc...and should spring back pretty quickly.  Carol and I think we can have her back on a bicycle within six weeks!  And Mary's no slouch...she's not going to just lie around and do nothing.  She'll work at getting well FAST!!!

Carol and I did go ahead and get in a ride this morning.  Didn't leave til about 10 a.m. and it got pretty hot and muggy before we got back.  But I get to log in another 25.01 miles!

Get out there...enjoy this wonderful weather....and of course, don't forget to count your blessings!  They're right there...lookin' ya right in the face!

And P.S.   Give those combines ROOM!!!!!  We had to get over and stop for two this morning....they use ALL the road and need ALL the courtesy we can give them.  They're doing a job with time and weather restraints.

No comments: