Sunday, January 11, 2009

Friendships

Yesterday was spent with Patsy and "newer" friends, Greg and Cleta. Patsy has incredible Christmas decorations and one tree in particular is spectacular! I always seem to post links to Patsy's and Greg's sites..but it's because they're such extraordinarily interesting people. At any rate, we took down the BIG tree...BIG tree....over 15,000 lights according to the Hutchinson News...and I think even more than that because I personally used a roll of 150 plastic bags and then went to another roll for several more..putting a single strand of lights in each bag. Many, many boxes, three layers deep, were filled with ornaments. Patsy has some really beautiful ones, too! After lunch, which was in itself a lot of fun, we started dismantling the tree, and between Patsy, Greg, and I, and later joined by Cleta, we "got 'er done." Laughs..so many laughs! Both Greg and Patsy have very quick wits, and mix that and the fact that the three of us seem to run on the same channel sometimes...there were lots of really humorous moments. Not really any that I think I can post here, even though Greg seemed to think I should!! But, I really had a fun time!!! Let's leave it at that.


Once during the day, upon finding that one of Patsy's vinyl bags for the pieces of the big tree had blown away, I decided to come home to find a large vinyl bag that I thought I had. Turned out I couldn't find it...still can't. I've looked in the shed, in the garage, in the basement, in the anteroom cupboards, everywhere. I don't know what I've done with it. But this a.m. Schiz was outside padding around and I grabbed my camera and took some pix. Obviously yesterday when I came home and went out to the shed, I must have had some aluminum icicles on me. (The neighbor's dogs were barking so I had trouble getting her attention to get a very good shot. Use your imagination...see the icicle running from her face, over her ear and down?) Oh well, I'm truly easily amused!!!

But, all in all, I totally enjoyed spending the time helping Patsy get the tree away. She's preparing for some surgery soon and the less she has to do after that, the better. She'll need some time to recuperate. As my cousin says: when it comes to facing illness and the 'whys and how to's ', .... "you can't control the wind, you just have to adjust your sails"

2 comments:

Patsy Terrell said...

I see you figured out the linking thing! :) Really appreciated your help with the tree. It's such a relief to have it stored away. The folks across the street that had corralled the fly away tree bag were happy to give it back to Greg so all is stored. :) Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got that bag back. I re-looked for mine again the next day in better light, and I still don't find it. ??? Thanks to both of you for showing me how to link...it's neat!