Monday, June 8, 2009

A Rant...you might just want to skip it!!!!

Why is it that sometimes modern technology has turned so many people into blooming idiots!? Within the past few days I've experienced more stupidity than should be possible.

It started at our local post office on Saturday. I KNEW it wouldn't be a good day to do what needed to be done because the "good guys" (Mike, Dennis, and Lynn) wouldn't be there. Little did I know that the two "female postal employees" (you have no idea how much I improved what I've been calling them for the past 48 hours) were morons! And even that's a compliment to their intelligence. Because I fully intend to write a letter to the local postmaster, I'm not going to go into all the details here...but....it started with clerk A serving customer A at her window. Customer B was standing in line ahead of me and my son. Another gentleman was standing at a table clear across the lobby writing on something...no where even near the line!!!! When customer A completed her task, she walked away from the window. Customer B just stood there with her thumb ....oh, never mind....she waited until Clerk A INVITED her to come up to the window...a useless waste of time!!! Shortly after that Clerk A must have decided that she needed help, so she called for Clerk B. Clerk B came up and said, "Next!"....that would be me and my son...we walk to within a foot of the window, when lo and behold, she sees the guy who had been at the far table and said, "NO....he was in line awhile ago...I'll get him first..." So we went back to the line....now just us. Finally Clerk A gets free and we walk up to her. Our goal was to have my son's name put on the post office box that I've had for probably at least twenty years. This part I'm not going to go into...but she was the dumbest, rudest, stupidest ____________ I can imagine. And then to top it off, Clerk B says, "Do you want me to do their stuff?" when she got free. Thank heavens someone else came into line and she wound up with something to do, because I thought between my son and me we would probably actually show them what "POSTAL" means!!! There's so much more here and I'm not going into it. My blood pressure won't take it!!!
Then today....I went to Aldi's...I bought 3 bags of chocolate chips and a bag of small red onions (special recipe :).....) After I got in line (and if you've ever been in Aldi's you know everybody's hopping and the pace is pretty fast...excellent cashiers!!!) the woman ahead of me says, "Oops, I've got a dented can...I'll be right back!" HELLOOOOOO..... I hadn't put my items on the counter because I thought if she isn't back by the time it's her turn, I'm moving in front of her stuff. So the guy behind me puts his stuff down and I'm sure was wondering why I didn't step on forward. I checked and here come Grannie Gertie with her un-dented can...and goes back to where her stuff is JUST IN TIME! So I lay my chocolate chips and onions on the counter to wait my turn. Grannie eyes my chocolate chips, says to the cashier, "Ring up one of those chocolate chips for me too...I'll run back and get one." Cashier agrees to...still moving along. Grannie's total $$$...of course, she has to dig in the bottom of her purse for it. I'm standing there with a $20 bill ready...but not Grannie!!! Finally...it's my turn..Grannie's still sacking so I stepped behind and around her to get my stuff! She takes ahold of my arm and said, "Those chocolate chips...are they in the first aisle about halfway down?" I gave her my best "eat S--- and die" look and said, "Yeah..probably..I don't know...I don't work here!" She waddled off and the cashier and the guy that had been behind me were both cracking up. I apologized and said that I seem to have a VERY short fuse today!
Next stop...MY credit union. I give them 2 $20 bills, and 2 $10 bills and say, "Hi..I'd like to have 10 $5's and 10 $1's please". She needs my account number. I said, "Just to trade me cash straight across...are you serious?" She said, "What's your name I can just look it up that way." I just dug out my card and thought if she asks for my password, I'm DONE! When she did give me the change (exchange)...I said, "Thank you...sure seems like everyone likes to make things a lot more difficult than they need to be..." and I left.
I have to go somewhere later. I probably shouldn't but it's a planned event and at such event I need to be nice. It's not going to be easy if anyone shows up wearing their "I'm stupid" hat!!!
Now...while you may not have enjoyed this particular blog, it was, for me, a lot less calories than chocolate, a lot less energy than a bicycle ride, and the only other stress-reducing thing I can think of requires two people and right now I can't imagine anyone that I would tolerate!!!
So.............thanks for listening......you have a good'n, ya hear?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does it ever seem to you like these things come in threes? You've had your three for the month! Hang in there.