Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, June 1

In my last post I mentioned that the pool was still very cool. Yesterday, Sunday, I decided I was going to get in. Pool temp was 74 degrees. I eased onto a floater and managed to stay in the water for about an hour and a half. It was cool however.
Today the temp was 76 degrees and I tried it again. It's amazing what just a couple of degrees can do. I was actually pretty comfortable today. The water isn't sparkling clear yet, but I can see the floor drain and it's getting there. Come on, Sunshine!!!
All my plants are doing wonderful. I have five or six tomatoes that are pretty nice sized. My cucumber vines are covered with blooms. The cannas are growing like weeds. The elephant ears are incredible!! Last year I waited FOREVER before they came up and then I might have had four leaves at best. This year I waited 18 days and have 6 "stalks" and lots of leaves. I like them so much that I'm wondering if I can just bring the pot inside for the winter rather than digging the bulbs up!
My little fish-less pond is beginning to get a settled-in look. The zinnias and marigolds are still pretty small, but they've come up all around it. The zebra grass is doing great too! I'll take a picture in a few days and post it here.
Well, today I finally turned on the air conditioner. The past couple of days I've been tempted but wanted to wait until June 1 at least. Yesterday I went downstairs and was reading/watching tv, and with no air conditioner it was still cool enough that I got a sheet to cover my feet and legs. This a.m. I ironed, then mowed, then cleaned the pool....I was hot and stinky and ready for some cooler air....so the a/c is now on!!! Between the a/c and the pool pump I'm sure my electric meter is SPINNING!!!!!
I don't know exactly why (I do have some ideas), but today has been a day for me to count my blessings. Several times today I've felt happy - thankful I guess...for no apparent reason. I like that feeling alot! Count your blessings...they're incredible!

No comments: