Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Working for Forgiveness ???

Today I stopped at the Kwik Shop to buy gasoline. The older woman in the car in front of mine was clearly "stumped" at the computer instructions, etc. I watched for a few seconds while I got my Dillon's card out (to save $.02/gal) and thought to myself, "She's gonna ask me for help...I know she is..." I got out of my car, swiped my Dillon's card, made my gas choice, and started fueling....she's still looking. Then I kind of thought about the way I'd treated the woman in Aldi's the other day (see last blog) and thought, "Do the right thing..it won't hurt you!" So I walked over and helped her through it. She didn't have a Dillon's card, but she did have a Dillon's credit card and was supposed to get $.15/gal off. I got her started and went back and completed my fill up, then went in and paid. Walked back to my car and she's checking her ticket..looking confused. She looked up at me and said, "It says I only saved twenty cents." So I went and looked. It said she'd saved $.02 per gallon. I told her I wasn't familiar with the Dillon's credit card and she probably needed to take it inside and ask. So she did.
Anyway...I KIND OF did a good deed to replace the rude one I did the other day. I hope. Later..

1 comment:

Patsy Terrell said...

A little karmic balance is never a bad thing. :)