Friday, February 19, 2010

Bradford Pear Tree

February 19 and my Bradford Pear tree has buds. They've been trying for the past several days, but today even at a distance one can see little white-ish buds. (Double click on the photo and you'll be able to see them much better.)

I was thinking my Forsythia bush usually bloomed first, but it doesn't show a sign of life yet. Need to go back and check my photos and dates and see if that's right. (ok..I did go look...March 8 the Forsythia was beginning to bloom and was in full bloom on March 23. Then we had 17" of snow on March 27-28.) As much as I'm ready for Spring, I think it's too early for this.

One year (within the past three as that all I've lived here) we had a hard freeze and it took about half the summer for the north side of the pear tree to recuperate. It was black and wilted.

Well...I hope the tree is exactly right and we'll be into Spring very, very soon. Yeah..right.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: