Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Full Day

Got up this a.m. and rode the bicycle on the trainer for 30 minutes. Rode 45 minutes yesterday and thought I'd up my time to that...but it's just like a treadmill....EXTREMELY BORING!!!!! So 30 minutes it was.

After showering and "fixin' up" a bit, I went to Wichita to meet my sister from Joplin. She needed to go to the "rocks and findings" store and I had a whole big 20% off coupon from Kohls. Well...turns out Jude bought a tee shirt for $3 and I bought nothing. I let her use my coupon even! Then she wanted to get back home so I headed back to Hutch.

On the way back I stopped briefly at Yoder to pick up a four pack of cinnamon rolls. Nothing like Yoder cinnamon rolls...YUM!!! If you're not familiar with our area, Yoder is about 12 miles from Hutchinson and it's an Amish community. Some gas-powered vehicles, but mostly horse and buggy Amish. It's a tiny town with a tremendous reputation for good food and neat items. Quilts, woodworking, sewn items, etc. Several very nice shops, a great restaurant, and a terrific bakery. (You can also get their cinnamon rolls at the restaurant.) (Just a little side note: years ago a friend of ours used to say he thought it was really good for a person to eat in the Amish restaurants....because the waitresses all wear long skirts and high-necked blouses and you don't get all riled up while eating!)

Meanwhile when I was still in Wichita Mary had called and said she was looking for a bicycle ride, so I called her back about 1 o'clock and said, "When are you going?" Turned out we were able to meet up over at Rice Park and ride a loop down through Carey Park and back. Eleven miles...not great...but for a winter day, not bad. It was pretty brisk and some dummy got there with only fingerless gloves. I have full gloves made for riding...and they were snug and warm in the top of the closet! All in all it was a great ride. I took a cinnamon roll to Mary...they're her favorite...so she was pretty happy too, I think!

Feels like a pretty good day. Makes me want to "count my blessings!" Hope yours was as good and you do too!

No comments: