Monday, April 5, 2010

Come On, God - Give It a Smack!!!


I know it's wrong...it's just plain WRONG to wish for the demise of one of God's creations. Truly this tree must be over 50 years old...maybe over 100, I don't know. But every time we have thunder and lightning I'm hoping it gets hit. But my wish is with conditions. I don't want it to fall on their house..or my house...or my fence. I'd like for it to get hit, and while standing directly upright, burn to a small pile of ashes. I hate this tree!!!!!!

It's a Cottonwood. What lovely whispering sounds the Cottonwoods make when the wind blows through them. How could I possibly dislike it?

Because....look at my pool cover!!!!! AND today earlier I hosed it and all of the deck completely off and gathered up handfuls and handfuls of this crap! First come the little sticky things that stick to your shoes and the bottoms of bare feet and to Schiz's pads of her feet. Then, as you can see by these photos even before those are gone, come these bigger "berry" bunches of stuff. And as if just being there isn't bad enough, they're every bit as bad as mulberries....they turn everything a reddish-purple.

In a couple of weeks (about the time I'll have the pool opened, no less) the massive amounts of cotton will begin to blow...and float on the pool....and clog up the filters and the basket.

And then in the fall all the sticks and leaves galore will infiltrate every where again.

I've considered offering to pay half for its removal....or buy them a nice Bradford pear tree...or two even. I hate this tree! Cottonwoods belong in the country....and if not in the country, then at least north of me instead of south!!!!! Kansas - people of the south wind.....yeah, right!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: