Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Great Canna Planting

As Kris Kristofferson might say:


"Watch closely now.
You'll observe a curious exchange of energy.
Are you a figment of my imagination
Or I one of yours?"




I planted THE cannas today. At one time I had counted...but then I added a few more....but I think
I planted about 65-70 cannas. The rules say to plant them about 18" apart. I planted them in a running W formation about 6-8 inches apart. I have WAY to many!!!! And I want a thick thick screen of leaves. I gave away a boxful yesterday...and today called a friend who had taken several boxfuls already and told her I have 4 more boxfuls for her. She's coming to get them tomorrow. These bulbs got too cold once this winter, but I'm hoping they'll be okay. They had sprouts coming on them like they mean to grow, so I stuck 'em in the ground. Good compost if nothing else, I guess.


While I was out taking the canna planting photo, this robin just plopped himself down. I was pretty close and he let me move even closer....so I had to take his picture.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: