Saturday, December 17, 2011

Back to Bikin'

Well, craft show season is mostly behind me....and I'm ready. It's been fun, it's been great, it's been profitable....but I'm tired and ready to kick back a little.

It's been too something: too windy, too cold, too wet, maybe even just too lazy...but I hadn't ridden my bicycle for nearly 5 weeks. November 13...so yesterday, December 16, Carol, Mary, and I took off and rode out to Crupper's corner. It's a little over 23 miles round trip for me. The temperature was 37 degrees, and even though we were all dressed warm it was still a pretty chilly ride.

When we ride we talk about all kinds of stuff. Some I won't/can't go into here (like how much Mary is going to change the height of her seat. Tee-hee!)...but the conversation will start one place and end up entirely changed within the mile. I don't remember exactly where this one started but it came around to putting Kahlua in hot cocoa. Let me repeat...it was 37 degrees. We hadn't ridden in nearly 5 weeks. Well, needless to say, I came home, got some warm comfy clothes on, had a bowl of stew, and decided to have a cup of cocoa. I've always been "the master of the 5-7 minute power nap." Well.....I had the best hour and a half nap I think I've ever had. I don't know whether it was the fresh air, the exercise, the warm soup, or what...but I'm highly suspicious of the Kahlua. Yummmmy!

Today we decided that yesterday was so good that we should do it again. So the three of us rode to Nickerson. 27.29 miles round trip. About 4 miles short of Nickerson I asked, "Have they MOVED Nickerson?" It was a hard ride. We all struggled a little I think. Wind was brisk and out of the west so we had several miles of headwind, but it was 57 degrees. It shouldn't have been that tough...but it was. Great ride back: tail wind.

I think Carol and another friend are maybe planning to ride tomorrow but I said I thought I'd bow out for the day. Probably a mistake as they're forecasting snow for Monday and Tuesday here. Yuck! I'm already ready for spring!

But all in all, I'm lucky to be able to do all the things I love to do...and have the great friends to do them with! Countin' my blessings...just countin' my blessings!

No comments: