Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year !!!



And I'm ending 2011 smilin' !!! For the past several months I've been trying to buy an old bicycle from a fellow and we just couldn't get together on price. Today I called him and tried one more time. WE DID IT! I had a friend go with me and we went over to a small town about 10 miles from Hutch and picked it up. Here it is.



It looks small here...it's actually 36" at the top of the handlebars. I THINK it's considered a child-size "boneshaker"...or high-wheeler. It is functional. The tires are wooden with metal rims. The seat is extremely hard, but consensus is that it's leather.



I don't know whether it's truly old or not...and bluntly at this point I don't care. I wanted it!!! I've wanted it from the first time I ever laid eyes on it. I may have overpaid for it...again, I don't know and don't care. Repeat: I wanted it!!! If it truly is original and "real", then I think I may have paid a fraction of what it's actually worth. I have a friend that will take a look at it and he'll know....if anyone in Kansas knows, he'll know. For now it's merely a decorative piece for my house!



Count your blessings...I do! And it seems to me I have a LOT!!!




P.S. BTW...I finished the year with 1840 miles...not bad considering I didn't really ride regularly until September. My friend that I ride with nearly every day finished with 5800 miles!!! That's spelled S-E-R-I-O-U-S !!


And have a Happy New Year...hopefully 2012 will bring PEACE to the world.

1 comment:

marlu said...

Congratulations on your "new" bike!

How neat is that?

mln