Thursday, December 29, 2011

Famous....OR NOT!!!!

It's been really beautiful weather here. Not always Ultra-Warm...but dry and kind of warm-ish maybe? Temps usually in the mid-40's and 50's...that's considered "ridin' weather!"

Tuesday, Carol, Mary, and I got out and did a few miles up and down the bike path (18.04 miles for me), and yesterday the three of us rode down to Crupper's Corner and a couple of miles west before we headed back. (I wound up with 27.05 miles.) Nice ride.

Mary can't go today (she bowls in Wichita now - since Hutchinson doesn't seem to be able to support a bowling alley!)... So Carol, her husband Bill, and I drove up to Inman this a.m. for our "every-other-week cream puff." YUM!!! Delish! But in just a few minutes I'm going to go meet Carol and we'll get in a little ride today. Not sure yet where or how far..let you know later. (It's later....we did 27.05 again!)

BUT....today's Hutchinson News has a picture (albeit extremely small) of Carol and I riding through Carey Park yesterday. One really can't tell who it is, but we know it's us. Same old riding gear we always wear!

We had a lot of fun with this today. At a stoplight at 11th & Baker we were granted a green light and several cars had to wait for us to cross. After we were barely across I acted like I was talking to the drivers and said, "Yeah...yeah...it's us...we were in the newspaper this morning!" We joked off and on all day about people wanting our autographs.

After we got a couple of miles west of Crupper's Corner we both took our jackets off (still had a turtleneck sweater and a sweatsuit-type jacket on), and headed back "with the wind" (makes it a little warmer.) As we entered Carey Park on the way home, Carol said, "Well...people won't know who we are..we don't have our jackets on!" We decided everyone would just think we were wannabes. (I'm not positive, but I think maybe endorphins or something affect our thinking sometimes.)

Anyway, it was another great day and a great ride. Still counting my blessings...you too, I hope!


No comments: