Friday, July 6, 2012

Horse on the Road

This is probably more endorphin or adrenalin induced biker humor....

Carol, Mary and I took off on our bike ride this a.m.   Got out to Crupper's Corner and turned west.  About 5 miles west (near Whiteside Road) a horse came up out of the ditch and ran across in front of us.  As soon as it spotted us, it took off at a pretty good clip going south down Whiteside.  We decided we should "call it in..."   Not knowing exactly where one reports these things, we chose to call 911.

I pulled out my phone, hit the numbers, and when the dispatcher answered I told her we were on the corner of Trail West Road and Whiteside and there was a horse running loose...running south on Whiteside.  She asked for a description of the horse.  Yeah, I'm from Kansas...I'm "farmy"...but I don't know how to describe a brown horse.  Sorrel, bay, roan, chestnut...I dunno!!!  I know buckskin, palomino, paint, appaloosa, maybe even a dapple gray.  But he was plain old brown.  So I said, "He looks like an Amish horse."   Carol and Mary were absolutely crackin' up!!!   Finally I said, "He's a drab brown horse..kinda skinny-ish...looks like a buggy horse."   The dispatcher seemed to know exactly what I meant, but Carol and Mary were both giggling like crazy!

On the way back to town Carol mentioned that she could hardly wait to get home and tell Billy (her husband) that we'd seen an "Amish horse!"

Well.... maybe you had to be there....

Another 29+ miles to log in today...skipped yesterday (stiff neck), but rode 36 miles on 4th of July (stiff neck then too...but thought I was going to wear it off riding..didn't.)

Have a great day....get out early, beat the heat, and watch the gorgeous sunrises we've been having!!!  And....don't forget to count your blessings....I'm serious!

No comments: