Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Riding...and More Eating!!

Yesterday Carol and I rode to Inman...kind of "the long way."  I wound up with a little over 40 miles by the time we got back to Hutch.  Once again the Harvest Cafe in Inman has made my A list.

When we walked in the waitress smiled and said, "You gals are a day early!!"  (Every other Thursday is cream puff day - see earlier post)  We just said the wind was right so we came to Inman.  We ordered coffee (also the best coffee around) and asked what they had for dessert.  Schnetke...or something like that.

Schnetke is a German pastry...kind of like a light biscuit dough that's filled with either cherry or raisin and then baked (I think.)  Online it shows all versions but what we had was about 3 x 5 inches and absolutely delicious!  WOW!   Carol commented on its "homemade goodness" and said, "I think the cherry filling is evidently home made too...doesn't taste like the stuff out of a can!"  It was served slightly warm. Yummy..just plain yummy!

On the way home yesterday I told Carol that I thought I'd have in 2,000 miles for the year by the time I got home.  I didn't.  I was 3.44 miles short.  Very tempted to go back out but finally convinced myself it wasn't that big a deal.

BUT...this morning Carol and I rode to Yoder and I got another 32+ miles.  So NOW I have 2,028.65 miles for 2012.  At the end of May I had 1,005 miles.   I'm lovin' this...it's good for me in sooooooo many ways...physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...good stuff!

Get out and enjoy your day..and you know....count your blessings!

No comments: