Thursday, April 23, 2009

Miles....

Yesterday, Wednesday, Mary and I rode to Haven. Got there, decided we didn't need a break and headed back. About a mile east of Yoder I decided maybe I did need a break. My feet were falling asleep and my toes were burning. So we stopped at the Kansas Station in Yoder and split a Diet Coke. After a brief, but well-appreciated rest, we took off again and came back to Hutch. 26.62 miles by my computer. Mary's was 26.8?. Her's always gains about a tenth of a mile every 10 miles on mine. We don't know who's right!

Then last night I went and subbed for my old Bunco group. It's a fun group! Enjoyed it!

This a.m. I called Mary and said I'd heard the wind was going to get stiffer this afternoon and suggested we should ride this morning. So we did. We said, "Short ride." At Yoder I said, "Wanna go one more mile - Obee Road?" Yep. At Obee we decided one more mile - Mayfield Road. At Mayfield Road we turned around and headed back. Got back with 21.5 (Mary 21.7) miles.

The weather has been outstanding for riding. There's a little wind, but IT IS KANSAS!!! As someone I know used to say, "In Kansas we don't have many hills, so we have to have wind to train against!" How true!

I think this afternoon I'll go out and plant my tomatoes and cucumbers. I had planned to wait until May 1...but I think it's just too nice not to plant something! Also, I have zinnias, and Shasta daisies, and marigolds to plant.

Get out..enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful temperatures. It's a beeeee-yooooo-ti-ful day in Kansas!!!!!! Count your blessings!

No comments: