Friday, April 24, 2009

Weather Forecast from Hutchinson Kansas

Windy!!!!

We decided today wasn't going to be a very good day to ride...it's VERY windy!!! Typical spring winds in Kansas (to be followed by summer winds, fall winds, and winter winds!) We have virtually no hills in this part of Kansas to slow the wind down, so it BLOWS!

Schiz and her buddy Wally had a playdate here this morning, and after Wally's "parents" picked him up, I went out and mowed AGAIN. The mower is definitely working better since it's overhaul.

After getting cleaned up, I ran a few errands and then early this evening went garage saling. Eleven sales...I spent a quarter: a small bottle of lotion (a brand I really like). Just not my night for garage sales, I guess.

I came home and made some pico de gallo. YUM!!! Here's my recipe if you'd like to try it:

2 jalapaenos, seeded and diced

5 Roma tomatoes, diced

1/2 medium red onion, diced

the zest and juice of one lime

a little cilantro

a little salt

diced garlic or garlic salt (NOT in mine!)

Mix it all together and marinate overnight.

It hasn't been "overnight", but I've already sampled some of it with some Scoops. Wow...it's good!!! 'Course now I could probably peel paint off the wall with my breath..but it was sure good!! This is what us single folks call VEGGIES!!!! (Just double click on that picture and see if your mouth doesn't water..or your eyes!!) :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: