Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring...Spring...Please be Spring!!!

Thursday Mary and I decided it was a little too gusty for us to ride...but thinking we SHOULD do something, we met at 20th and Hendricks and walked a little over three miles on the bike path. Along the way we spotted these tulips blooming. They're kind of in a back yard, but more so just off the trail (that's the bike trail in the background of the second picture). My comment to Mary was, "You think they'd like some cannas????"

And Friday I got my mower back from Ace Hardware. I haven't tried it out yet but if the wind keeps blowing and the sun comes out I may do that this afternoon. We had another half inch of rain yesterday and last night so it needs some "drying time" first. Larry, from Ace, gave me my old front wheels and showed me how they were worn..but not evenly which is kind of puzzling. Anyway...$80.09 later and I'm ready to go mow again.

I saw in this morning's newspaper that Home Depot have their vegetable plants "buy one, get one free". Wound up buying two Roma tomato plants and one pot of cucumbers (but there are 7 plants in the one pot). They were ringing up half-price so it wasn't necessary for me to buy a second potful. It's 54 degrees here, still a little cool to put them out permanently, so for the next week or so I'll keep them in my sunroom and maybe set them out during the day. I always think it's so foolish for me to buy veggie plants. When mine are bearing fruit, so are everybody's elses. I can stop at any roadside stand and get all the tomatoes or cucumbers I want. But there's just something about growing my own that I like. Or so I think in early Spring...ask me in August I may have a different answer.

The sun's trying to peek through the clouds. Hopefully it'll turn out to be another gorgeous day. Enjoy it!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: