Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Flower Bed - No More Fishless Pond




Some of you may remember last summer when I bought and thought I wanted this little fishpond "thingee." Well, I've decided it was just a thing to draw mosquitoes and have to try to keep clean, so yesterday I changed it around a little.


After emptying and pulling out the black liner, I filled in with a couple of bags of topsoil mixed well with a huge bag of Miracle Grow Garden Soil. (I'm a huge fan of Miracle Grow anything --- it's just good stuff!!)


I'd bought a sweet potato plant to put in this bed, but somehow I got side-tracked and it wound up in a hanging bucket beside the flower bed.

I had a hosta that just wasn't in a good spot: too much sun I think, so I moved it.

Then I moved whatever that is with the spike of pink flowers. Everyone seems to know what those up except me...please somebody tell me. They have a scallopy leaf and look kind of like a geranium but they're a perennial. They get tall spikes of pink flowers (see the 3rd and 4th photos) If you can identify them for me I'd appreciate it.

I had some hen and chicks that Pat had given me so I moved them up there too.

The pampas grass and the zebra grass as well as a couple of mums were leftovers from fish pond days but they're going to stay put.

I'm just hoping it will all fill in and be pretty and not draw mosquitos!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: