Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend


Yeah...Fourth of July weekend...and the city of Hutchinson allows fireworks inside the city limits.

Clearly our city commissioners couldn't collectively "grow a pair" and say "NO" to this travesty. It's noisy, dirty, dangerous, ridiculous!

Pictures were taken this morning on the northeast bike path...and the housing in the background? Oh, that's low income housing...clearly they had money enough to blow on fireworks! And yes...it would have come from there...they're directly south of this fire and the wind was out of the south.

And the third picture...that's at the north edge of a medium to low income neighborhood that abuts the bike path. Clearly people who respect the law and don't shoot off their fireworks on public property. Yeah, right.

I know, I know...call my city commissioners...for what it's worth, I HAVE!!!! Until we start setting fireworks off in their front yards, we'll get nothing. Seems if it doesn't affect their comfort or their wallets negatively, then it's ok!

Ban smoking...tax tanning salons....but allow fireworks!!!!! For those of you who don't know me personally...I don't smoke and I don't tan in a tanning salon. BUT.....it seems to me we take away the rights of some idiots just to over-extend the rights to others!

I'm done.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: