Monday, January 24, 2011

Before and After

I've redone my ironing room...well, in real life, it's supposed to be a bedroom. But I didn't need it for another bedroom, so it's my ironing room...and my bicycle/trainer room. It was, in my opinion, U-G-L-Y!!!! This is the old way...complete with the previous owner's really poor job of covering up nail holes. And truly, it was worse than this looks...it's was a southwest peachy-orange color.
Below is the new way. I'm pretty sure this is a "love it or hate thing"...no middle ground. Since I'm pretty much the only person that spends any time in there, that's ok...'cause I love it!!!
The wall with the window is a darker shade of green, as well as the area around the closets and bathroom doorway. The wall with the mirror on it is the same color as the wall with the clothes rack ... except that the wall with the mirror has a faux treatment of bronze ragged onto it. (You should be able to double click on these and see them better.)
So...that's how I spent my Saturday evening and most of the day Sunday. I also put about an hour into it today (Monday) to apply the bronze glaze. Hope you like it...I do.
Now....about that bathroom........I was happy with it until I used that darker shade of green...hmmmmmmmmm














No comments: