Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011 - 19 miles - WOW!!!

I'm having a great day!!! A friend called yesterday to see if I'd be interested in a little bicycle ride today and I said, "Sure!" I've been riding a trainer inside but only doing about 6 miles a day...just to keep the old legs goin' around.

So...today is here...it's about 55 degrees with a fairly strong wind out of the west-north-west. Carol suggested to the Highlands and maybe "a couple of laps". So to the Highlands it was. Entrance to Highlands is about 7 miles, lap is about 3 miles. We were about 1/2 way around the first lap when she said, "This may count as two day's worth of riding!" The wind was a little gustier than we'd perhaps calculated!

At the end of the first lap, IF we were going to do another lap we needed to turn north again. As we're heading out, I asked, "Were we going to do another lap?" (Mind you, I'm on the north side of Carol.) Carol said, "I don't care; what do you want to do?" I just kept going straight and never turned north...finally, after we're past the road, I said, "Guess!"

Nineteen miles by the time I got home (rode a little past my house and back to round it up to 19) and I'm feeling GREAT about it!!! Super ride....super friend.....super time.... which reminds me: it's almost SUPPER time!!!! (Go put all those calories back in!!)

All in all, it's a beautiful day. As someone I know used to say: for every day we get like this, it's just one less day of snow and cold.

Count your blessings!! I sure am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: