Monday, January 10, 2011

S N O W ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Looks like we had about 2 to 3 inches of snow late yesterday. We surely need the moisture but I'm already bored and feel cooped up.

I went outside about 8am and shoveled the first 3/4 of my double driveway and the sidewalk around the end of the house and the sidewalk from the front door to the street. No big deal...nice exercise.

About noon I decided I'd go out and finish the driveway. All that was left to be shoveled was the part that kind of angles down to the street. About the time I finished my drive, my 96 year old neighbor came home. His driveway is "with" mine...but his driveway and garage are single car width. Well, he cut the corner, jumped the curb, revved his little Honda up and came on up into the driveway....driving about six feet into his yard. He went ahead and pulled into his garage, then came out to talk. Now, he's 96, and absolutely stone deaf!!!

He told me he'd just driven back from "the farm" (up by Salina - 60 miles or so). As we talked I started shoveling his drive and porch. He thanked me and was super nice about it.

When I finished, I came in and was getting ready to nuke some soup when I saw him walking his two little dogs south down the street!!!! They walk EVERY day...but I didn't think he'd walk in the snow and slush! He's 96!!!!!

While I was watching him and wondering who was nuttier - him or me - a truck pulled up in front of my house. Then another one. GUESS WHAT!?!?!?! They had snow blowers! GUESS WHAT!?!?! The Homeowner's Association evidently clears snow!!! Oh well...I had good exercise...that's what I'm calling it!!!! I talked to one of the guys and he said, "Well, when we pulled up I kind of thought 'someone's already done them'....then I saw it was just yours."

Live and learn....live and learn...live and learn!!!! BTW: Soup was good!!!!

No comments: